4/24/08

I apologize in advance

I'm a little frustrated right now. Not with the blog, I love this stuff. It's just so hard to pin down what's going on sometimes. Today, I read about a bishop in Guatemala who's supposedly getting death threats based on his opposition to Goldcorp mining activities. Now, I don't know if the allegations are true or whether GC had anything to do with it. But that's not really why I'm frustrated.

My problem is this: even if it were true, it wouldn't affect my everyday choices. How could it? Goldcorp has 17 gold mining companies all over the western hemisphere. Even if I kept tabs on all of them, there's no way to know where their gold ends up. Even if GC is guilty of unbelievable human rights abuses, I'd never be able to alter my choices to keep from supporting them.

I truly believe that everyday Good Turns can make a difference. But when they can't I feel a little helpless. Sorry for the downer, just had a bad day...

BUT I CAN STILL END TODAY ON A GOOD NOTE!

No comments: